The Algonquin Nation Programs and Services Secretariat (ANPSS) along with the Centre de Santé et des Services Sociaux du Témiscamingue (CSSST) are proud to offer the services of the Hospital Liaison Worker. The Hospital Liaison Worker is responsible for improving accessibility to linguistic services at the CSSST in Ville-Marie, Quebec, as well as providing services at the Timiskaming and Long Point First Nations. The Hospital Liaison Worker provides clientele with access to English services through direct interpretation, written translation, and information transmission, as well as promotes awareness of the Algonquin culture in the hospital.
- Oral translation between patient and physician and/or hospital personnel
- Visiting hospitalized patients for support and company
- Insuring availability of English documentation
- Assisting scheduling and confirming medical appointments
- Liaison between hospital, nursing station and health care workers in the First Nation communities
- Certification and assistance in obtaining a valid Quebec Health Insurance Card
- Accompanying patients to out-of-town appointments with specialist when required.
Program services are available:
Ville Marie Hospital (CSSST)
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Timiskaming First Nation Tribal Council Office
Second Thursday of every month 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Long Point First Nation (Winneway) Health and Wellness Centre
Last Thursday of every month 10:00 am to 3:00 pm