EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ANPSS)
Full time position
The Algonquin Nation Programs and Services Secretariat (ANPSS) is seeking a competent, dedicated individual to:
• Lead and manage the development and delivery of quality programs and services for the members of the ANPSS consistent with the Vision, Mission, and recently approved Strategic Plan, including the development of a capable organization.
Our office is located on the Timiskaming Reserve, adjacent to Notre Dame du Nord, Quebec, 25 minutes from the town of New Liskeard, Ontario, and 30 minutes from the town of Ville Marie, Quebec.
• Oversee the development and delivery of new programs and projects, consistent with the ANPSS Strategic Plan
• Recruit and train new personnel and develop the organizational capacity to achieve the planned priorities and goals
• Coordinate a mutually beneficial working relationship with the member communities to assure alignment with their priorities, and identify new priorities and opportunities, including funding
• Develop and implement a communications plan to ensure the flow of relevant information between Board and member First Nations, including website postings and developments
• Obtain the funding required to support the new work of the ANPSS, and assure effective and accountable management of all funding, including compliance with funding agreements
• Oversee mutually beneficial partnerships with key external organizations
• Lead the annual review of the strategic planning and update strategic priorities, goals, and action plans
• Coordinate and support the effective operations of the Board and its committees
• Represent the best interests of the ANPSS internally and externally, as required
• The Executive Director reports to the Executive Management Committee and the Board of Directors
The ideal candidate will have….
A proven track record in the leadership, development and management of an organization delivering diverse programs, preferably a First Nation organization
• University degree is preferable, in any one of Indigenous Studies, Community Development, Social Services, Education, Political Science, Administration, Accounting.
• A diploma, certificate or accreditation in business administration, project management, continuous improvement, HR management, or other related expertise is an asset
• A good working knowledge of federal and provincial policies, programs and funding related to First Nations
• Excellent leadership, inter-personal, and negotiation skills
• Strong analytical, organizational and proposal writing skills
• Working knowledge of organizational finances
• Good oral and written skills in English are essential. Knowledge of Anishinaabe or French an asset.
Preference will be given to an Anishinaabe or other First Nations candidates
• The ANPSS provides competitive compensation, based on qualifications and experience.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please forward your resumé in confidence to:
Algonquin Nation Programs and Services Secretariat
33 Richard Rd, Notre Dame du Nord
Quebec J0Z 3B0
Attention: Annie Presseault